[TenTec] Omni-A not powered up for 7 years...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni-A not powered up for 7 years...
From: N4NT@wireco.net (Michael O. Hyder)
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 13:29:19 -0500
Hi Rufus-
The tuning knob requires a TINY little allen wrench to remove.  I had to get
one along with some 1/16th" Brass Wheel Collars sold by Great Planes Model
Parts & Accessories.  I got that little set of collars and the right allen
wrench at the hobby section of an Ace Hardware store.
The dial skirt just pulls off.
Replacing the dial skirt is made MUCH easier if you will take a loop of
dental floss and run it over end of the straight portion of the spring on
the back of the skirt.  Use that loop to open the spring slightly and the
skirt will slide right on.  Then just pull the floss out.
73 de Mike N4NT@wireco.net