[TenTec] RTTY on the Omni-VI

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RTTY on the Omni-VI
From: dacalvin@us.ibm.com (dacalvin@us.ibm.com)
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 10:18:29 -0600

Tim,
     I run FSK RTTY all the time on my Omni VI+.  The 2nd IF is the one
that varies with the passband tuning, and it needs to be at the 3:00 or
3:30 position on mine if I select the 500 Hz filter.  The 2.4 (and 1.8?)
are wide enough to not need to do that, but I do it anyway to cut lower
QRM.  I also have the 216 filter for the 9 MHz first IF - this is the IF
where you need a 500 Hz filter built for RTTY if you're going to run narrow
filters.  It is not movable with the passband tuning, and is only inline if
you select the "Nar" position with the filter selected.  What are you
seeing for tuning indication?  In other words, if you're running a KAM, is
the low or high tone missing?  If so, then somehow the signal is not
centered in the passband, or the passband is cutting off one or the other
tone.

     I hope this is useful somehow...

     73,  Duane    AC5AA

Duane A. Calvin
Server Systems Test Engineer
Dept. 76TS   RS/6000 - SP Nodes
IBM Austin, TX      >O<     Tie: 793-3368