[TenTec] Re: Connector 52 & 2800 Hz Filter

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Connector 52 & 2800 Hz Filter
From: paulc@mediaone.net (Paul Christensen)
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 06:50:33 -0500
Roy,

In order to completely eliminate the "micro-chirp," you may need to
modify the TX AUDIO BOARD (BFO Osc.).  The INRAD filter helps to clean
up the dirty-sounding CW note due to the CW TX BFO placement on the edge
of the 2.4 kHz filter's passband.

The BFO mods may require replacement of the TX AUDIO BOARD.  Omnis older
than approximately Jan. 1997, require the new board in addition to a new
CONTROL BOARD (this may have coincided with the introduction of the Omni
Six Plus).  Finally, Y1 should be changed from 9,000.000 kHz to
9,000.500 kHz. If you, or anyone else is interested, a full description
of the changes appear in the Ten-Tec archives.

-Paul, W9AC