[TenTec] 255 PS HELP

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 255 PS HELP
From: ARDUJENSKI@aol.com (ARDUJENSKI@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 12:47:17 EDT
My 255 Power supply for my OMNI-D failed this week and would like to see if I
could save a trip to the factory.

SYMPTOM: The voltage dropped under load. For example the radio in rcv the
voltage was about 13v. Plug in the 229 tuner to run the three 1892 bulbs and
the voltage dropped to 6v. Now the PS keeps blowing the internal fuse
(32v-20amp). There is no evidence of damaged parts.

The bandpass transistors I believe they are called are a pair of 2N5301s.
I don't have the manual (but would be willing to pay for a copy. In the mean
time, would it likely be a shorted 2N5301 or should I look elxewher for the
problem. I am still technically in the youth stages so would appreciate
input. I was hoping to save a $80 trip back to the factory if
possible....Thanks in advance for any assistance...Alan KB7MBI
(WOODINVILLE,WA)