[TenTec] T-T Model 2591 HT

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] T-T Model 2591 HT
From: winjones@ix.netcom.com (Winston F. Jones)
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 17:21:10 -0500 (CDT)
I recently bought a used Ten-Tec Model 2591 2-meter handi-talkie. Since
my local repeater uses sub-audible tones, I located a Ten-Tec Model
2201 Sub-Audible Tone Encoder accessory which goes with the Model 2591.

The Tone Encoder I bought was new old stock, with box, instructions,
etc. However, in the instructions, it mentions that the box should
contain a chart telling how to set the five dip switches on the back of
the tone unit to get various frequency tones. My box did not include
this chart. Does anyone out there have one of these charts they could
fax or mail a copy to me? I'll be glad to pay phone or mail charges.

Also, it mentions in the instructions that a "simple factory
modification" is needed for HTs with a serial number below 1850. My HT
is serial number 1622. Does anybody know what this modification
involves?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

73, Winston K4CWQ