[TenTec] Copying CW in your head

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Copying CW in your head
From: aa4nn@juno.com (Joe L Blackwell)
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 08:31:38 -0400
On Thu, 23 Sep 1999 19:43:04 -0400 w8au@sssnet.com writes:

> Personally, the only thing that bothers me when in QSO with someone
> sending "full text" with a keyboard is their use of periods .-.-.-
after
> each sentence. Just doesn't flow......

Same concern here, every keyboard should have the BT key, (-...-) to
indicate start of a new subject or sentence.  I use commas a lot ( --..--
)
just as if typing a letter, to isolate those prepositional phrases which
I believe gives the listener a pause to consider what's been said and
preps him/her for what's coming next.  Different from BT which would
put you onto another train of thought.

Another thing good CW ops do is to repeat a word or phrase that is
out of the ordinary, something unusual  that you just don't hear often,
e.g., "got my eeg agn eeg back today and everyting is okay."  Here,
agn is understood to mean "again."

Interesting thread.

Vy 73, de Joe AA4NN
Eastern Top Band ARC,  Carolina DX Assn,  Carolina CW Ops,
Fairfield County Contesters, Ten-Tec only, CW only.
eeetet   ee