[TenTec] 3-500Z

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 3-500Z
From: fcreel@communique.net (I F CREEL (FRANK))
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 19:21:48 -0500
The flash marks have nothing to do with tube use.  They put a magnesium wire
in the
tube called a getter and when it is first turned on it burns with a flash and
gets all the
oxygen and gases out of the tube..That is where the flash mark comes from.
Both
good and bad tubes have these flash marks.
Frank Creel
WA5CWE