[TenTec] Die Hard Computer Control Jjunkies...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Die Hard Computer Control Jjunkies...
From: SteveBaron@starlinx.com (Steve Baron - KB3MM)
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 18:08:16 -0000
Interesting.

You hit the nail on the head when you mentioned the code upgrade;  wonder
how many rigs out there let you set all of the things for which you have
buttons or knobs on the rig.

When one sees that the programs we use have a list of rigs that we have to
select from, I conclude that there are model dependencies even within a
manufacturer !  That says to me that Kenwood vs Icom vs ??? format is not
the magic bullet.

Guess the 850 has been highlighted as one which lets you change RIT from the
computer.  DO ALL KENWOODS LET YOU DO THAT ?  A very important question.

Seems to me that when TT came out with the VI, they had to do something very
different than the horrible V interface.  If they did anything new, they
nwould have to have every contesting program upgrade in order to work with
the VI (HMMM!  What about the Pegasus!).  They chose to go with the ICOM XXX
interface.  Was there a magic bullet Kenwood available at time which would
have been better ?