[TenTec] Mic. and speech processor questions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Mic. and speech processor questions
From: Ken Simpson" <W8EK@fdt.net (Ken Simpson)
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 15:54:23 -0400
Hi Caity,

One of the very important things to do with the 234 processor is to
make certain that you get the 13 V DC to power it from the radio, and
not from the power supply.

This may sound stupid at first, but let me explain.  Because of
voltage drops through connector, and multiple grounds, the 234
processor will likely end up has RF feedback problems if the power is
obtained from the power supply.  This was a fairly big problem when
they were being sold new.  At least 90% of the problems were cured by
simply plugging into the13 V DC on the rig (this applies to any of the
rigs -- not just the Argosy).

There still are a few instances of RF feedback.  This can be cured by
running the 13 V DC through a toroid, to keep RF out, and making
certain that well shielded cables are used.

By the way, the 234 speech processor uses RF processing, and is MUCH
better than the audio processors.

73,

Ken, W8EK

Ken Simpson