[TenTec] Re: Using Amplifier w/Scout 555

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Using Amplifier w/Scout 555
From: rlanders@hgo.net (Russell W. Landers)
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 23:44:57 -0500
Tell us a little more, Russ. Does your Scout have the amplifier
keying mod as described in the Scout manual? Are you working
CW or SSB. If CW, is the amp set up for QSK? I'm not familiar with
the Ameritron but my guess is that it needs a keying signal
and the signal that the Scout is sending is the wrong sense
or wrong level. Lastly, can the amp be driven with 50 w or
does it need 100 w?

                73, Bob WB2VUF

I bought the Scout used and it does not have the amp mod....I use it
solely for SSB........I use the Ameritron AL-811H.......Perhaps I just
need to get and install the AMP mod...?????????
-Russ-