[TenTec] 961PS Problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 961PS Problem
From: aa8ve@juno.com (JEFF S JOHNSON)
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 16:18:14 -0500
Sounds like a bad bridge. Check the voltage before it goes through the
regulating transistors on the back (cooling fins) it should be about 25
volts DC and output from them to the power out plug should be 13.8 VDC.
If half of that bridge is bad you'll still get the 12 volts or more
output  but under a load it can't keep up and you'll get that AC ripple
and voltage drop. I've been through this on a 262 and your problem sounds
the same.

73 Jeff aa8ve