[TenTec] Pegasus - external speaker?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus - external speaker?
From: CarlMoreschi@worldnet.att.net (Carl Moreschi)
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 02:50:34 -0000
I had a need to connect the speaker output to another box that also
grounded one side of the speaker output.  I used 2 back to back 8 to 600
ohm matching transformers on the Pegasus speaker output.  In other words,
I ran the 8 ohm Peg output through a transformer to get 600 ohms and then
ran this into another transformer to go from 600 ohms back to 8 ohms.  This
works
great and gives me a true speaker output I can do anthing I want with. I
have
this in a little box with a phone jack.  The box connects through the bottom
of the Peg to the speaker connector inside.
Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, North Carolina
carlmoreschi@worldnet.att.net