[TenTec] Re: Hercules

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Hercules
From: rbdrake@erols.com (Richard B Drake)
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 00:20:16 -0400
I have a new Herc II as well. So far I have not had the problem
that you describe but I did have some other problems. The first
time I tried to load up on 10 meters the finals blew. I sent it
back, they replaced the finals and returned it. It worked fine
again but the first time I tried to use it on 10 the finals blew
again. Back to the factory a second time. This time they said they
made a small modification to it and changed a couple of bias
resistors. I have now had it running for a couple of weeks and it
seems to be fine even on 10 meters but you have to imagine that I
was holding my breath the first time I tried it on 10.

I am reading this thread with interest so please keep us all
posted.

---
73, Rich - W3ZJ