[TenTec] Pegasus remote operation

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus remote operation
From: w8au@sssnet.com (w8au@sssnet.com)
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 22:31:05 -0500
Hello gang:

I need some advice from those who have used successful remote setups with
the Peg.

The scenario is this:     Wish to install the Peg (that I do not have
yet)  at a remote tower site, and keep the computer at the shack.

Since the serial connection is at 56k, I would need to use a wideband
duplex connection, I assume.....

In other words, I would have to split the TX/RX data into a "4-wire"
arrangement for use on a simultaneous xmit/receive  UHF or Microwave link
at wideband deviation.

Has anyone done this?   Is there a simpler way?  What about phase delays on
the 4-wire duplex link?
Since the link would be wideband, could a modem simpler than the
quadrature-phase-amplitude modulation types be used?

Appreciate any and all suggestions...

Tnx & 73,

Perry     w8au