[TenTec] wire antennas.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] wire antennas.
From: k8do@email.msn.com (k8do)
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 16:10:14 -0500
Depends upon frequency... For 160/80/40 meters the change is going to be
minimal, unless there are significant salts in the dirt... These signals
penetrate many feet into normal soil... Having the top foot being more or
less wet is insignificant...
Again, make a test dipole, check the impedence/resonance while laying on
relatively dry soil, then put the lawn sprinkler to it and recheck... The
change will be minimal... And, the change in near field loss will also be
minimal...

Denny