[TenTec] PC Software Packages to drive Paragon?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] PC Software Packages to drive Paragon?
From: ditzian@alltel.net (ditzian@alltel.net)
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 11:24:17 -0400

On 25 May 2001, at 7:55, Edward A. Feustel wrote:

> As a recent owner of a Paragon II, I am interested in finding PC
> software
> to control it. I would appreciate suggestions on what to get and what
> to avoid for a primarily CW operation.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Ed Feustel, N5EI

Ed,

It is not clear why you want to control the Paragon II from a
computer.  If you want to integrate it with a computer log, so that
the log reads the frequency (and possibly mode) and records it
correctly, then Logger, a free program, does this.  You can find
Logger and Zakanaka (a PSK31/RTTY decoding program) at

http://www.qsl.net/kc4elo/

If you use Zakanaka, you will find that it should be possible to
control frequency, filter selection, mode selection, and
transmit/receive from the program.  Zakanaka can work with
Logger, so you can log with Logger and control from Zakanaka.
Zakanaka can also do this alone, with its own, smaller, logging
program.

All of this works through the RS-232 port.

73,
Jan Ditzian
KX2A
kx2a@arrl.net