[TenTec] Scout Discontinued!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scout Discontinued!
From: winjones@ix.netcom.com (Winston F. Jones)
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 18:20:58 -0400
It's sad, but I guess time moves on. I'm sure going to hang onto my Scout.
The economic reasons for buying a Scout are no longer valid since the Icom
IC-718 (with all bands) can be bought new for about the same price as a
Scout and one band module. I love the Scout's simplicity. All you do is flip
the switch and start talking (or keying). No manuals to read, no
programming -- just tuning and operating. It'll never be that simple again!
People who have Scouts but don't have all the band modules better start
buying them up. I'm sure they'll soon be really scarce.
73, Winston K4CWQ