[TenTec] Can't wait for new TT QRP radio

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Can't wait for new TT QRP radio
From: PaulKB8N@aol.com (PaulKB8N@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 10:19:17 EST
I'm pumped up about getting the new TT QRP rig.  The reason is that I've taken
my Omni Six to my condo in Austin (where I live during the week while I work up
here) and I've had great success at the QRP level using a low-visibility
long-wire antenna strung across the parking lot to a 20' tree.

Fortunately, I'm at the far end of the complex, where the antenna will
hopefully not be noticed.  It is about 60'long and works great!  My first night
after putting it up netted an S59 on 40M, with a 569 report, a VE9 on 30M with
a 599 report, and an F5 on 40M with a 569 report.  I also worked a number of
stateside stations.  Power levels from the Omni Six varied from 5 to 15W.  I
monitor the cable TV network and keep power to a level where there is no TVI.

Hopefully, the the new TT QRP radio will become available before my contract up
here expires!  I am having a ball so far!  Listen for me and give me a call!

Paul, K5AF