[TenTec] Count your blessings?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Count your blessings?
From: csturner@falcon.csc.calpoly.edu (Clark Savage Turner)
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 13:52:00 -0800 (PST)
On Sun, 10 Mar 2002, Bill Taylor(W4WBT) wrote:

> Something must have been good about it. At least you can communicate
> with the factory in English and not some other foreign language and I

Yes, the Scout had many good qualities.  However, please praise Ten Tec
without criticizing other manufacturers, they have a lot of good points,
too, and I believe your criticism to be unfair even if well intentioned.

> lot of DOA problems. The biggest problem is getting them fixed. Never
> a problem with ten-Tec. So count you blessings and do something to
> help ham radio.

Again, I like how you praise Ten Tec for a fine job of service, however, I
do not think it is helpful to ham radio to criticize other service
departments, many of them do indeed perform fine service at fair prices, I
have a lot of personal experience in this area.

Bottom line: I believe Ten Tec does very well, makes the radios I prefer
to use and does service in a way I admire.  That does not mean the others
are sub standard, just that Ten Tec is best for my needs.

73 and good luck in the contest.

Clark
WA3JPG