[TenTec] Keyer paddle

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Keyer paddle
From: dub@oklahoma.net (J. W. (Dub) Thornton)
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 20:34:43 -0500
At 10:50 PM 5/8/2002 +0000, you wrote:

>Bencher is now making the Mercury.  It's the one I was thinking of in my
>previous paddle post that they want around 500 bucks(!) for.

I have not seen the Bencher copy of the Mercury, but Don Hensley makes a
beautiful paddle that is very similar
to the Mercury, but is not a copy.  There is also the Long Island Mercury,
made on Long Island, NY, that is supposed
to be an exact copy of the Mercury (and looks it).  I have the original
Mercury, and to me, it is head and shoulders
above anything else I own, or have owned.  This would include the Brown
Bros CTL, Kent, Stan Hails first
two models of the WBL, Norcal, and a coupla others I cannot recall the
names of right now.

These paddles, at 500 bux a pop, are not for everybody, but everytime I sit
down to my daily "CW FIX", I pat
myself on the back for buying mine when I did.  The money I paid for it has
long since been forgotten, but I
have enjoyed the paddle for 8 years or so, and expect to enjoy it as long
as I am able to make that CW music.

Dub
-
J. W.  (Dub) Thornton  WA5YFY