[TenTec] Hotrodding the TT 1340??

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Hotrodding the TT 1340??
From: wg6h@pacbell.net (Bill Miner)
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 16:46:30 -0700
GT,

Things that I have done with my T-T 1330 kit:

-hand picked a matched set of xtals for the xtal filter for better
selectivity

-added trim pots to aid in setting band edges of VFO

-built in a TicKeyer memory keyer board

-added a CW "read-out" freq counter board

-upgrad to the RCA connectors and added internal fuse to power lead

-built an external amp with cheap power switching FET for about 20 watts
output

The VFO is a pain to adjust but after it is aligned the stability is
good.

Nice sounding receiver with plenty of gain

Good AGC        Good QSK

The price is right and and these rigs work great in stock form or there
is plenty of room for mods and improvments too.  A fun project.  Hope
this helps.

73,
Bill - K6WLM