[TenTec] RE: TenTec net...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RE: TenTec net...
From: johnclif@ix.netcom.com (John Clifford)
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 14:13:56 -0700
Is the 14.267 ham on earlier, and actively engaged in a QSO?  Then he has
the frequency.  If this is his favorite frequency, perhaps if we all wrote
him and asked him to refrain from QSOs... or join the net during an
hour-long window... he might be cooperative.  Perhaps not.  Either way, if
he is ACTIVELY ENGAGED then he is acting within the regulations even if, by
his refusal to allow numerous hams to hold a long-established network at a
long-established frequency, he is not being considerate.

Does he only come on to harass the net?  Then he should be reported to the
FCC, since no one owns the frequency.

I think we should all try to get on the net this weekend IF there is no QSO
in progress that we would interfere with... and then if this guy shows up
and 'claims' the frequency OR talks over us then we should ALL tape him and
ALL send in our tapes along with complain letters to Riley.  I'm sure the
FCC would jump all over this guy if he is, in fact, causing harmful
interference to a QSO-in-progress.

If this guy constantly waits until just before the net time and then starts
using the freq, then we could start the net a half-hour earlier for a month
or so, and see if he gets tired of playing this game.

Observation:  What is with it with the very small minority of clowns who
engage in such behavior?  Were they not spanked enough (or spanked too much)
as children?

 - jgc

John Clifford KD7KGX

Heathkit HW-9 WARC/HFT-9/HM-9
Elecraft K2 #1678 /KSB2/KIO2/KBT2/KAT2/KNB2/KAF2/KPA100
Ten-Tec Omni VI/Opt1

email: kd7kgx@arrl.net