[TenTec] Jupiter Xmit problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter Xmit problem
From: w4njf@midflorida.com (Bill Fulling)
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 06:09:15 -0400
My Jupe laid an egg on Field Day and after talking to Paul,was advised =
to send it back to the factory for repair.
Got the bill yesterday-gonna cost me $109.51(82.50 labor,
19.18 for shipping,hanling and insurance and 7.83 to the great state of =
Tenn for sales tax).The problem was a cold solder joint on the RF driver =
board at Q22(xmit key line).
I wonder who made this board;was it someone in China?
If a defective component had been found,I'd have no problem with =
that,but this board left the factory that way and I'm not real happy =
with having to pay that much to fix a factory goofup.Also asked about =
using my D-104 with the Jupe and was told it didn't have enough drive to =
work a Jupe(drove my old Scout real good).Guess the ad in this month"s =
CQ needs some revision-plug in ur favorite mike(unless its a D-104!) and =
listen to the compiments on ur audio roll in.
73 De Bill W4NJF

Bill Fulling

multipart/alternative
  text/html