[TenTec] Pegasus

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus
From: emills@nycap.rr.com (Ernest Mills)
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 22:19:39 -0400
Hi all, and many thanks to the many who answered my plea!

As was suggested I set the FLASH program to ignore the errors and it did
indeed work. Not sure why it did what it did but it seems to work.

The internal Pegasus LDG tuner is another thing altogether.  It is working
all ok now but ...... I got an email of a LDG Technician. Very helpful and
knowledgeable but his answer threw me for a loop. After buying a Daiwa
Power/SWR meter from Dayton ( to be able to accurately set my power levels
for PSK contesting, nice big meter:) I was told that "You cannot use an
external wattmeter or swr meter with the Pegasus and internal tuner. You
will get meaningless reading because the impedances are unknown" I was gob
smacked. I don't remember reading anything like that, anyway that now leaves
me with a big learning curve. Using that dinky meter/digital readout on the
virtual consol. That is going to take a bit of learning :)
    While I have ya! attention. Is there any way of changing the time
constant of that meter. You know, slow it down a bit :)

    Thanks to all again, 73 Ernie