[TenTec] Wanted ads- was "pet peeve

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Wanted ads- was "pet peeve
From: crrandal@earthlink.net (Cara and Randy Randall)
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 20:52:18 -0500
Your right, I am not obligated to buy and I did not.

THEY seem to feel I am desperate.  I am not!

As for auctions, you missed my point.  I did not say that

auctions were a better deal every time, just better than most

replies for my wanted ads.   I do not need an item badly

enough to pay higher than Ebay gets for the same item!

( in one instance 3 times the current Ebay price!! )

I'll pay up to the current fair market price but never over!

As for the TS-50 seller,  I have met many like this esp. at
Dayton

Hamvention.  The seller must think that since he owned it it

places a magical property to the rig to make it
worth almost

new prices or in some cases more than new.   Like the guy

who had a Drake speaker that matches the SW2, SW8, R8B etc.

He wanted $60.00 for it in OK but not new condition.  I told him
that

you can still buy a new one from Universal Radio in

Columbus Oh. for $49.00.  OK he said I'll sell it for
46.00?!

I'll pay a couple $$ more for the brand new one thank you.

Also if he was looking to sell the TS-50 to a CB'er wouldn't he find

a better market by gettin' on CH 19 and tellin' the truckers

he had one for sale?  A bigger audience I'd say.

He never said or inferred it was modified.