[TenTec] 20 m users' net

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 20 m users' net
From: wn3vaw@fyi.net (Ron Notarius WN3VAW)
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 15:20:13 -0500
I've never heard before of a ban by anyone of nets on 17 meters (or 12 or 30
for that matter).

The only "ban" is that due to the various limitations of the three WARC
bands (small size, power limits on some frequencies and in some areas, and
some not available in some parts of the world to name 3), none of the major
contests and as far as I know none of the smaller contests permit contest
operating on these bands.

And that's a choice (and a good one, I think) by the various contest
sponsors, it's not mandated by official regulations.

73, ron wn3vaw
"Be who you are, say what you think, people that matter don't care, and
people that care don't matter." -- Dr. Seuss