[TenTec] Rcvr so-called performance figures (lo-o-ong)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Rcvr so-called performance figures (lo-o-ong)
From: w3uls@3n.net (John Rippey)
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 14:36:13 -0500
Hello, folks:

To reiterate a point I made in an earlier posting, not only are receive
figures important, but so are transmit figures. Many recent rigs have
unacceptable two-tone 3d order IMD numbers (based on ARRL lab reports) on
SSB. Also, are there any rigs out there that can equal the QSK of a Ten-Tec
rig? All around, I would vote for an OMNI VI for CW among the rigs I know
about. It's possible the IC 756 PROII is also very good. For SSB in this
man's view, ther Japan Radio JST-245 wins the prize on both receive and
transmit.

73,
John, W3ULS