[TenTec] Delta II price, operating impressions? (re-post)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Delta II price, operating impressions? (re-post)
From: wb5jnc@juno.com (wb5jnc@juno.com)
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 01:55:54 GMT
(sending again as I'm not sure the first one went)

Greetings,

I have run across a Delta II at what I think is a pretty good price and wanted
to find out what one is worth. It is clean, not mint but not bad either: the
package is the rig with mike, power cord and manual.

Also, I'd like to hear some operating impressions, especially with regard to
the QST review "caveats" concerning synthesizer noise, sensitivity loss at
narrow BW, and "muffled" audio in AM mode.

My operating style is basically "casual" and my interest in the Delta II is due
to a desire to have general coverage RX capability as well as "decent" ham band
performance in a fairly compact package. Comments?

TNX/73, Al

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com