[TenTec] Truth in lending

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Truth in lending
From: k5uj@hotmail.com (Rob Atkinson, K5UJ)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 14:00:50 +0000

Before the assumption that TT tweaks up a super Orion to give ARRL gets out
of control I thought I'd mention that I'm fairly certain ARRL has a 3rd
party purchase their review rigs for them so to the dealer or mfr. it looks
like just another joe ham purchase.  I think I've read that in some of their
reviews in the past.  It absolutely makes no sense for them to call up Ten
Tec and say,  "Yeah, we'd like for you to pick out an Orion and ship it to
us so we can test it."   It has nothing to do with TT; they just don't do
that with any manufacturer.  Some would probably fix up the product, hand
carry it to Newington, set it up for them and get everything ready for
"testing" if given the chance.
Rob Atkinson
K5UJ