[TenTec] Corsair filter loss compensation.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair filter loss compensation.
From: KD5NWA@MBayona.com (KD5NWA)
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 18:28:23 -0600
Then I have one more problem in my Corsair, besides the display blacking
out and the phase lock loop going wild when it feels like it. I noticed
that when the radio decides to work, and you are tuned on a signal if you
switch to narrower filters the signal goes down, and it's not an issue of
tuning. With the 250 Hz filter on, only strong signals are audible,
moderate signals that you have no problem copying with the 1.8 KHz filter
just disappear.  I'll try swapping the filters out  and see if the problem
moves with the filter. One of these days when I can afford it, I'll have to
send it to Ten-Tec and get it all fixed up.