[TenTec] Swap Power-Mite PM? for Argonaut or Omni B

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Swap Power-Mite PM? for Argonaut or Omni B
From: wb5jnc@juno.com (wb5jnc@juno.com)
Date: Mon Feb 3 20:18:41 2003
Greetings,

I have come to realize that I'm not a collector -- or maybe I should say that I
prefer my "collectables" to be something which can be used regularly. Thus, I
would like to explore trading my Power-Mite PM-? (not sure which one -- more on
this later) for an Argonaut 509 or an Omni "B" series (analog or digital).

The "more on this later": there is what I think is the remnant of a model
number stamp on the back panel but it is almost unreadable. Therefore, I will
try as best I can to describe what I have. The PM has a cream color front panel
with black lettering, almost exactly like the PM-2 in Paul Valko's "museum",
except that the dial has 80/40/15 (not 20) meters. The main board has a small
area (~ 1.5" X 3") at the left rear (near key/12V/RF connectors) which is
etched and drilled but unpopulated. There is a small daughterboard mounted
above the right rear of the main board: it is ~ 2" X 4" and has a slug tuned
inductor, two transistors (BC407B?) two trimpots, and misc. caps and resistors.

I won't tell you that this PM is "near mint" "9.5 on a scale of 10" -- because
it isn't. It has been modified with the typical 1/4" phone jack on the rear
panel and the SO-239 instead of phono jack. There are also some "normal wear
and tear" scratches and dings on the cabinet, but overall it is pretty clean
and doesn't have excessive wear. The RX works (other than the fact that the
dial calibration is questionable and being a DC RX with no filters you hear
about 1/2 of the band at once HI HI!!!) but I haven't ever fired up the TX so
don't know about it.

If this isn't enough info let me know and I'll try to fill in any gaps.

TNX/73, Al

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com