[TenTec] Remote control of Pegasus power supply

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Remote control of Pegasus power supply
From: ve1adh@yahoo.ca (David McClafferty)
Date: Fri Feb 28 17:30:44 2003
Someone on one these lists sent a reply to my earlier
message on this subject. Unfortunately I hit DELETE
instead of REPLY. So I will reply to both lists.
The Pegasus manual suggests that you turn the power
supply on first and then the Pegasus power switch to
protect from transients. The switch turns on a
transistor which in turn operates a relay. I decided
to add a capacitor to the base of the transistor to
delay the turn on. I found there was 10mfd cap there
already. I checked the delay and found it was several
millaseconds, so I felt safe leaving the switch on. I
am using a Tentec power supply which is very clean
when it is turned on. I wouldn't do if I were mobile
or using a supply that could produce heavy transients.
I have been operating this way for several months now
and have had no problems.

73, Dave, VE1ADH