[TenTec] Jupiter with internal tuner

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter with internal tuner
From: jmalloy@stny.rr.com (Joe Malloy)
Date: Thu Mar 27 00:22:47 2003
A counter observation: I, too, have the internal tuner (made by LDG, by the
by, and I think it's essentially the same board as used in the AT-11MP) and,
while I'm not completely thrilled with it (not only does it not remember one
or two settings per band, it doesn't even remember the last setting it was
on if the Jupiter is powered off!), it works just fine for me.  I have a
G5RV and it tunes it to about 1.2 or 1.3 to 1 everywhere except on 80
meters; on 80 it tunes in the middle of the band just fine - 1:1 - but is
closer to 2:1 or 2.2 to 1 at the band edges.  Overall, it's good and
functional; with N4PY's software, you can even adjust the capacitance and/or
inductance in line manually for a closer match than it automatically finds.

My $0.02!

73,

Joe, W2RBA