[TenTec] Jupiter questions, as we get to build-up details of PARCHFRB

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter questions, as we get to build-up details of PARCHFRB
From: w4chl@mindspring.com (w4chl@mindspring.com)
Date: Sun May 4 08:56:40 2003
Dear TenTec list,

We've enjoyed working the Pegasus that is part of the initial build-up of
the HFRB at PARC.  A couple of questions:

? Can the Jupiter display front panel be disabled when running in Pegasus
emulation mode ?  If we substitute for our loaned (my) Pegasus at PARC,
interested in having the front panel disabled (or at least locked out)
when operated remotely.

? Is there a "standby" mode of operation for the Jupiter to run it "idled"
awaiting external interface commands ?  Trying to work around lack of
complete remote power on/off control that is available from some of the
pricier remotable rigs such as TS-2000.

Yes, we have a fan on order as the Pegasus heat sink has gotten a bit warm
to the touch on PSK31 when in QSOs with South Africa at 100w.

Thank you Carl N4PY for documenting a tuner interface for the AT-11mp from
your fine software !

Cheers & 73s de Mark W4CHL

Mark R. Smith  w4chl@arrl.org
Chapel Hill NC  USA   http://rtpnet.org/parc