[TenTec] Peg/Rx320

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Peg/Rx320
From: n4py@earthlink.net (Carl Moreschi)
Date: Thu May 29 17:27:17 2003
There is a parameter to correct for the rx320 frequency error.  Under the
settings menu, go to "Preferences4".  Once there you will see a box labelled
"2nd Receiver Frequency Correction".  Just put in the correct value here.
It should be the error in frequency at 10 mhz for the rx320.  This value is
adjusted internally for other frequencies.  One word of caution - the rx320
drifts a little and this value can change as the rx320 warms up.  The rx320
should be on for 30 minutes when you decide on its value.  I use LSB or USB
on WWV at 10 mhz to determine the error.

You may also need to correct for error on the pegasus although the peg is
never off anywhere near as much as the rx320.  You can use "calibrate" to
get the peg dead on.  See the pegasus.txt write up.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, NC