[TenTec] WWVH and Flare Attenuation

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] WWVH and Flare Attenuation
From: jimr.reid@verizon.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Tue Jun 17 19:10:53 2003
At this moment we are at the peak of an M class
flare: M6.4 at 2301 Z.  And both 10 and 15 MHz signals
at my QTH just miles East of their antenna farm are
attenuated about 15 dB below normal here, now S4,
-103 dBm or so.

The 2.5 MHz signal,  via gnd. wave is at full strength
around -85 dBm here.

This seems to support my view that I am getting the
higher frequencies from VH via backscatter from
out further to the West of Kauai,  and gnd. wave
at 2.5.

Again,  just interesting.

73,  Jim  KH7M