[TenTec] Why should I still order an Argo V?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Why should I still order an Argo V?
From: lodahlkh@charter.net (Keith Lodahl)
Date: Fri Jul 4 09:51:36 2003
While I understand your situation I also know what keeping inventory does to
any business.  The best example of inventory in a retail business lately is
the closing and restructuring of KMart stores.  They stocked inventory.
WalMart has their supply chain keeping their inventory.

The outage of the model you want could indicate that is not a hot seller (or
that it is).  Too bad that it was not immediately available.  But I think
your main issue is how you were treated when you called.  Only you know how
that call was handled.  Often when I replay in my mind conversations that
didn't go well I find my attitude was involved.  I often bring assumptions
to the conversation that aren't realistic.  That can lead to the results you
describe.

You need to be the one to decide what radio to get.  I suspect that the tech
specs of your next radio are less important than how it will make you feel.
The ARRL labs can't predict that.  Good luck with your hard decision.

Keith Lodahl
KB9NUM NNN0ACS NNN0GCE ONE
President, Rock River Radio Club
ARRL Official Emergency Station