[TenTec] Still need help!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Still need help!
From: n9dg@yahoo.com (Duane Grotophorst)
Date: Sat Jul 5 17:24:48 2003
Some questions and ideas to check:

1. Does the Pegasus do full power into a dummy load on
all the other bands? Or is there a general inability
to make full power on the higher bands vs. lower
bands? (your comments suggest that this maybe the
case) If so then it may be a PA transistor issue (some
have failed in such a fashion in the past were they
worked OK on low bands but not on the higher ones).

2. Does the heat sink run warm or hot even when not
transmitting? Does it draw excessive current while
receiving? Another PA transistor failure mode that
some have encountered in the past.

3. If the no output power problem is confined to ONLY
20M then I would start suspecting a problem with the
TX low pass filter board, perhaps a bad relay.

Duane
N9DG