[TenTec] Argo V Purchase

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Argo V Purchase
From: rick.williams@telus.net (Rick Williams)
Date: Sun Jul 20 11:20:37 2003
Well as a "new" Argo V owner I can't let this one rest.  I've had my little
rig almost 2 days so I'm an expert  - hi!

I bought the rig used but in perfect condition and married up the N4PY
software to it yesterday.  I must concur with Rod that the DSP notch would
be a wonderful addition!

As for the Elecraft vs Argo debate.  In my case there wasn't much of a
debate.  I enjoy building and repairing but a new Argo was even pushing my
budget so a new Elecraft wasn't on the radar.  Used Argo vs a used Elecraft
K2 was no contest.  A 100 watt Elecraft K2 with all the bells and whistles
was almost double the price of a used Argo (TCXO with fans and accessory
cable).

As has been pointed out, these are very different rigs and meant for
different users.  The Argo V looks like it will meet my needs and wants
quite nicely.  I plan to use the Argo for QRP and on PSK (the ease with
which this can be accomplished impressed me).  I'm looking forward to my
Argo and I've now moved part of my station into the 21st century (even
though I'll likely be selling my Century 22 to make room for it).

73,

Rick
VE7ASR

Web site:  http://www3.telus.net/ve7asr