[TenTec] Argo V Distortion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Argo V Distortion
From: rick.williams@telus.net (Rick Williams)
Date: Sun Aug 10 12:44:56 2003
Well I don't think it's RF in my case.  All rigs are well grounded
(including the Omni V with the Herc) and the Argo audio was distorted with
the processor on and power levels varied from 1 to 20 watts.  The reports
were similar with the Ten-Tec hand mic and a D-104.

The rig was new and I was trying ALL the features.  I tried the processor on
3 (I think) and then got very poor audio reports.  Since I don't use the
processor on my other rigs I turned it off and moved on to trying other
features!  As I mentioned previously, with the processor off the problem
went away.

73,

Rick
VE7ASR