Re: [TenTec] OMNI 6+ with 2 amps

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI 6+ with 2 amps
From: "dlrwild1" <dlrwild1@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 16:17:00 -0400
Has anyone out there used a Hercules II with more than one HF rig? I
currently have a OMNI VI+ with my Hercules II amp and 253 auto tuner. I
don't know if it is possible to also use the Hercules II with my ICOM 746.
There are many cable running between the amp, tuner and OMNI VI, including
the special cables wired from Ten Tec, adaptors that allow all three Ten Tec
pieces of gear to work together and transfer band changing information.

I noticed someone else asking if this could be done with the OMNI VI and a
Centurion or Titan. I also noticed someone replied that you could use a
Radio Shack speaker switching box. I don't think that would help me in this
case since the wiring between the 3 units is quite complex,hi!

I am buying an Emtron amp to use with my ICOM 756 PRO2, I was also wondering
if I could use the same amp with the ICOM 746 using the above mentioned RS
switching box?

Bob Wilderman, K3SRO
dlrwild1@comcast.net