Re: [TenTec] CW

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] CW
From: "Billy Cox" <aa4nu@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 18:32:36 -0600
>What software/hardware combinations are some of you using to
>interface your rig with the computer so that CW (and hopefully
>other digital modes) can be manipulated by someone with short,
>fat fingers that sometimes quiver and shake?  What would be the
>best way to interface the two without a large outlay of cash?

One of the guest ops here, brings his own keyboard for each rig
when he operates the CW contests from here. He uses those
special "split key arrangement" Microsoft types. We use TR, NA,
and Writelog as to software, along with an external keyer/paddle.

Like AC5E mentioned, and I agree, think out exactly what options
you want. Then you'll be able to wire such up with minimum expense.

73 Billy AA4NU