Re: [TenTec] CW

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] CW
From: John Pfeifer <jpfeifer@gci.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 19:43:11 -0900
Bill,

If you're up to building a simple kit, you might want to check out the K20 CW keyboard, by K1EL. It's very easy to build...took me less than one hour and I'm pretty ham-fisted (pun intended). You can read about it my clicking on the "Products" button at K1EL's web page, http://www.k1el.com. By the way, you can also plug a paddle into the keyer later on, if you want to give that a try.

He also has another, software-driven keying interface called Winkey.

Have fun!

John Pfeifer - KL0WN

... My question is this:
What software/hardware combinations are some of you using to interface your rig with the computer so that CW (and hopefully other digital modes) can be manipulated by someone with short, fat fingers that sometimes quiver and shake? What would be the best way to interface the two without a large outlay of cash? Your answers and help will be greatly appreciated.

73
Bill, W4ISH