Re: [TenTec] monitor true sound of Jupiter

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] monitor true sound of Jupiter
From: "David W LeJeune, Sr" <lejeuned@centurytel.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 08:58:39 -0600
I use the monitor feature periodically - helpful, to say the least.
Yesterday someone told me that I had a 200hz 'subtone' on my signal.  Put
the headphones on and switched on the monitor, and sure enough, there it was
in the background.  Took about 30 minutes to realize that it was coming from
the window airconditioner fan that was part of the background noise, but
prior to discovering this I played around with the low cutoff freq on
transmit (set it to around 500hz) and could hear that the tone was
attenuated (but not totally gone), so that worked.  Nice feature and
apparently provides you with a true representation of what is transmitted.

Dave K5WNV