[TenTec] Omni VI PSK fan

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI PSK fan
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 15:13:32 +0000
Just go to a dollar store and get a small cheap plastic fan. For about 3 bucks I got one about 3" diameter on a little stand with a rotary switch in the ac cord. It's very quiet. Plug in, turn on, aim at heat sink. Omni VI should be able to sit there and tx a 20 watt carrier all day with it. But I don't use mine on the PA heat sink--I use mine on the power supply. (I don't operate any 100% duty cycle modes.) The only problem is, you might not be able to find these small fans for sale this time of year unless you live in far south Fla., Texas, and Calif. Maybe someone in Hawaii can ship you one : )

Rob Atkinson
K5UJ