[TenTec] Centurion 422

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Centurion 422
From: KD7EFQ@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 21:35:21 EST
Hello, I ran one for a short while and loved it, The only reason I sold mine
is that I always wanted a Titan 425 to "stroke my ego", and couldn't afford
both. As far as Pete's remarks, I agree except for raising the plate voltage to
get legal limit, as the trade off (besides added expense) is shortened tube
life, bigger blower = more noise, and more heat. The Centurion is bulletproof
as
is except for severe operator error. Nobody's going to notice the difference
between 1200 and 1500 watts. If you double your power say to 2400 watts, it
only means 1/2  S unit difference on the recieveing end. I'd rather have the
extra durability & quietness. Go ahead and get one. If you really don't like it
(which I'm sure you will) There's always Ten Tec's 30 day money back guarantee.

73, Todd - KD7EFQ

"The Race is over...THE RATS WON"