[TenTec] OMNI V computer control

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI V computer control
From: "Dave Edwards" <kd2e@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 19:22:48 -0500
Does anyone have an OMNI V connected to computer?
I am told it is a bit tough to do because most programs will
not work with it because it does not echo back.
If the rig is upgraded with N4PY mod, does it then become
the same as an OMNI 6 as far as configuring? I am told folks set up the 6 as a
ICOM 735...or something like that. I guess that would then be the same as the
V??
And is the serial cable an off the shelf serial cable, or does one have to be
made up?
Thanks for any tips!
....Dave