[TenTec] Orion--black crepe--"This is the end my friend" etc.

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion--black crepe--"This is the end my friend" etc.
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 17:57:12 +0000
<<<I love it when all these people stand up & criticize the Orion. I bet
that 75% of the critics have NEVER turned a knob on a Orion.>>>

This same situation certainly exists concerning enhanced SSB audio. I am certain the cranks who bash it have never heard a decent sounding station on a rx with a freq. response of say, 20 hz to 6 Khz and a similarly adequate speaker. I bet after one week of decent audio they would all find traditional utility grade ssb unuseable.

Rob Atkinson
K5UJ