[TenTec] 422 and 422B differences

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] 422 and 422B differences
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 01:20:20 +0000
Besides the black look, the 422B is supposed to have a keying mod that
makes it work, or work better, with the Jupiter and Orion. I don't know what the mod is
but I think it is pretty minor (one you can do). Since I don't have one of the new rigs I never
took the trouble to learn about it. Someone else can probably tell you just
what it is, or you can call Ten Tec service and find out.

The real old 422s are biased so the tubes are drawing some current when not
transmitting.  I think after the first year or two of
production that was changed.

Rob Atkinson
K5UJ