[TenTec] Loops, April QST, IC-7800 and the FT-2000D

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Loops, April QST, IC-7800 and the FT-2000D
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 23:03:52 +0000
I agree re the 80 M. loop--no contest. I have had a 1 w.l. 80 m. loop up since November (well, it blew down a few days ago due to my construction stupidity) and it has been hands down the best low band antenna I have ever had. And mine was only up about 25 feet. Also, on rx, it was 5 S units quieter than my vertical. I'd get pulse noise on the vert., and flip a switch on my 238A to the loop and the noise would vanish. Guys who were in the noise on the vert. would be Q5 on the loop. String up as much wire as you can in some kind of loopy shape, feed it with open wire feedline and a balanced transmatch and you'll be in heaven.

Re the IC7800 ad, what's wrong with looking at an attractive female? What, you want to look at all those Ten Tec guys? : )

When you all get over your insecurity with the IC7800 you can start agonizing over the FT-2000D:

Rob
K5UJ